Pages



Friday, March 3, 2017

Fresh and Feminine Spring Style

When I was pregnant with Taylor, I wanted to feel cute, despite my ever growing frame, so I splurged on pretty maternity pieces. I embraced ruffles and wore way more skirts and dresses than I had pre-pregnancy. You know what? I loved it and so did my husband and son. In fact, every time I wear a skirt or dress they both would shower me with compliments and tell me how pretty I looked. I resolved that postpartum I'd wear more of them - except I haven't.

When my entire day revolves around the baby and squeezing in a workout, it's hard to wear anything except my favorite leggings, usually 24/7, and usually the same pair all day that I also wore the previous day AND slept in too (I know, I know...)

What happened to my goals of maintaining my postpartum feminine style?


This is why I was so excited about the opportunity to partner up with prAna and try a few pieces from their Spring line! I chose two items - this skirt and this dress!


I loved the Lizbeth Skirt's feminine details, stretch, and curved hemline. It is long enough that I feel covered, but short enough that it still feels fun and flirtatious too! It's really a skirt that I an throw on and wear all day to play with my kids, and also wear out for date night with my hubbie too!

 It's made out of hemp and recycled poly, with a touch of spandex, so it's super comfy and soft. I absolutely adore the versatility of the coal color. I ordered it in the smallest size (0) and it fits well. (I'm usually a 0-2 in most shorts and a 4 in lululemon speed shorts if that helps anyone with sizing issues.)

I've paired the Prana Lizbeth Skirt with my FAVORITE Au Lait 2x1 Rib Tank in Burgundy. This tank is a powerhouse in my new mama wardrobe (I have it in black too and wear it several times a week - usually pulling it from the dryer and immediately putting it on.) It's fantastically fit and slimming and doesn't look like a nursing tank. It's one that I will keep and wear long after my baby girl has weaned.

I'm accessorizing the look with my gorgeous new teething and nursing mala necklace from Little Biting Tree. It's so hard to believe that this gorgeous combination of 108 hand carved sandalwood and neem beaded mala is a teething necklace! It is made of 100% organic wood and has balancing properties for us mamas too. The cool tie-die color on the tassel is made with plant based coloring and pairs perfectly with just about everything in my closet!


I'm also wearing my all-time-favorite gladiator sandals from Dolce Vita. These are the comfiest things ever (seriously!) and look so cute with everything (because trust me, I wear them with absolutely EVERYTHING!) I scored them last year on clearance at Nordstrom Rack, but they are still for sale on the Nordstrom website HERE, and probably in stores too.


The next piece I chose from the PrAna line is the Berry Dress in Koi. There are so many things I love about this dress! It's super soft and the silhouette is so darn flattering. Dolman sleeves add fun and flirty feminine detail, the wide waist band is super flattering, and the slightly longer length makes me feel comfortably covered. I'm 5'3" and it hit just below my knee, which I think lends itself to a very flattering fit.

The color is a little more or a burnt orange (actually exactly the same color of some koi fish I once saw swimming in Hawaii) than i thought depicted on the website. I love the color!

This is another super veritable piece I know I'll be wearing all Spring and Summer long, with flip flops during the day, and dressed up for a fun dinner out in the evening time! It's made out of fair trade recycled poly and organic cotton with a touch of spandex for a beautiful drape and jersey knit finish. I ordered an XS and I thought it ran a little big but not so big that I couldn't wear it,

I accessorized my Berry Dress with another amazing teething and nursing necklace from my friends at The Vintage Honey Shop. This necklace is called the Crystal Arrowhead and it is handmade in Nashville.

 It's made out of premium cotton fabric and organic wooden beads and tied with a silky satin ribbon (for completely adjustable lengths). I adore the mint, coral, and gold color combo and the fact that it's both stylish and functional - Taylor loves to grab it while nursing or being held.

I also accessorized my look with my FAVORITE new piece of jewelry because it means so much to me! My friends over at Planet Jill made me this gold dipped square photo necklace with my little lovies pictures on it! The charm is the perfect size (about a dime) and so so beautiful and special. I have literally worn it day and night since receiving it in the mail last week. I love sentimental pieces of jewelry so much!


I think with a few new key feminine pieces and some fun and functional accessories, my Spring and Summer wardrobe is complete! If you'd like to order from PrAna, you can use my personal savings code S4P17GFM to save 15% off now through 3/28. How do you like to update your wardrobe for the warmer weather?

No comments :

Post a Comment