Pages



Thursday, February 16, 2017

Valentine's Day Tea Party for Two

Since February is National Snack Time Month, I wanted to make snack time extra special on February 14th and surprised my two tiny Valentine's with an outdoor Tea Party! They both LOVED it!!

 I set up their new Pacific Play Tents Tea Party Tent in our grass.

 This tent is amazing! Its really big (actually the other day - I wish I had snapped a picture, but the whole family and dog too tried to "hide" from me in this tent - it's THAT big!) It sets up in less than 5 minutes so you can set it up easily when your kiddos want to play in it or keep it set up all the time if you have room!

 I love too that the front has tie backs and the inside has mesh screened windows so the air can flow while your kiddos play inside. Mine are excited to use this for family movie night next!


I set out several cute and colorful blankets and throw pillows to make the tea party comfy or my oldest Valentine. I also made heart shaped garlands which I hung from the tent and little pink table. Then I prepared the food (because it's always about the food, am I right?!)



I made homemade peanut butter chocolate chip energy balls  and stuck a heart topped toothpick in each one for easy eating! I served them in our favorite collapsible bowl with lid from Marcus & Marcus. 

This bowl is made of food grade silicone and is BPA-Free. I plan on using this for lots of meals on the go!


The next snack I served was carrots with ranch for dipping in our Snack in the Box

We love Precidio's products! This box is made of BPA-Free durable plastic and is such a handy way to serve snacks.

 My oldest takes it to school everyday and eats his recess snacks out of this container. 


No Tea Party is complete without a fancy drink! We didn't serve tea at our backyard soiree but we did serve blueberry water in our favorite Drink in the Box

This is a HUGE favorite at our house because what kiddo doesn't love having a special drink? I love it because they can help make their special drinks and you can control what they drink. We usually just mix fruit with water to make a festive juice alternative!

 The mom in me also LOVES that this container doesn't LEAK! Leaking sippie cups I think are one of the most frustrating things about being a parent!


After we enjoyed our snacks we sat in the warm sunshine. talked, and played games. Our backyard tea party was a perfect way to spend some quality time together on Valentine's Day. I think it may have to be our new yearly tradition! 


What special ways do you and your littles celebrate the holidays together?





No comments :

Post a Comment