Pages



Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Steps to a Successful #SparklingDetox

I'm gearing up for my 5 day #SparklingDetox with Gerolsteiner Sparkling Mineral Water and I couldn't be more excited!! I've never participated in anything like this before but I'm ready to make some positive changes! Even though the #SparklingDetox doesn't officially start until September 11, there are several things I have started doing NOW to ensure that I'm prepared for when it's time:

-I've joined the Gerolsteiner's Sparkling Detox group on Facebook. This free support group allows me to connect and share my experiences with fellow detoxers, as well as garnish tips, exercises, and food inspiration from expert in her field Ariane Hundt. Having an online support system like this will be vital to my detox success!
SD1.png
-Cutting back on alcohol and coffee. For the last few days I have gradually decreased my coffee consumption from 2 cups to 1 a day, with the goal of eliminating coffee from my diet for all 5 days of the detox. Cutting back on caffeine slowly has allowed my body time to readjust and is a more gradual transition than quitting cold turkey.

Similarly, I have eliminated my nightly 1/2 glass of wine for the past few days, and haven't missed it! I actually have replaced it with a nightly glass of Gerolsteiner Sparkling Mineral Water and have woken up more refreshed and energized each morning!

-Researching fun new fitness classes. I want to make my #SparklingDetox FUN and full of new adventures so I looked into some new exciting ways to challenge my body during the 5 days. A new Barre studio is opening up near my house and they are offering free 45 minute classes in their studio during the challenge week! I've already signed up for one and am really looking forward to it.
SD2.png
The weather should also be cooling down a touch in mid-September, so I plan on getting in at least one hike during that time frame, in addition to my normal half marathon training I will also be completing.


-Stocking up on Gerolsteiner Sparkling Mineral Water so I have plenty on hand come detox time. Drinking at least 1.5-2 liters of Gerolsteiner a day will ensure that I'm adequately hydrated for the challenge, Not only is Gerolsteiner an excellent source of hydration, but it also contains 2500 minerals including calcium and magnesium per liter bottle to nourish and revitalize my body from the inside, out!
SD3.png
You can use the online store locator feature on the Gerolsteiner website to see where you can stock up for yourself. Gerolsteiner is always available at your local Whole Foods or online at jet.com or samsclub.com as well (and they always ship for free on orders over $35!).

-Looking up recipes and meal planning. I am the meal planner and prepper in our home so I've been going through recipes and browsing on Pinterest, remembering old favorites, and gathering new exciting entree ideas for the #SparklingDetox week. New dishes can sometimes be hit or miss, so I've been trying out some new finds ahead of time to see if they are keepers! One of my new everyday favorites are Veggie Sandwiches - my entire family is smitten with their over-the-top flavor!
SD5.png
The weekend before the detox, I will make sure I go to the grocery store and meal prep for the week ahead. I will cut and wash fruit and veggies for quick additions to salads, sandwiches, and snacks. I'll also make sure I have plenty of healthy snacks on hand for when hunger strikes such as low fat mozzarella cheese sticks, small bags of nuts, veggies with hummus for dipping, season fruit, and of course plenty of Gerolsteiner Sparkling Mineral Water!
SD4.png
How are you gearing up for a successful #SparklingDetox? Make sure to join me and hundreds of other participants September 11-15 for the 5 day challenge where we replace all beverages with Gerolsteiner Sparkling Mineral Water, workout, and make clean eating a habit. Follow along on the #SparklingDetox Facebook Group and share your challenge experiences all week long on Instagram with the hashtags #SparklingDetox and #GerolsteinerUSA. Good luck and I can't wait to go through this detox journey together!

This post was written in partnership with Fit Approach and Gerolsteiner Sparkling Mineral Water. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

4 comments :

  1. These steps will definitely help set me up to have the BEST detox ever! Woo hoo let's sparkle it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great way to get prepared for the detox, thanks for all the great tips! Excited about this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just found your blog through the web. Completely agree with you about coffee. I also reached the goal of eliminating coffee because it is acidic, although coffee beans contain antioxidant. Anyway, Green tea also provides antioxidants and it is not acidic.
    Great Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good way to detox man! Im definitely trying this out!


    Infant car seat

    ReplyDelete