Pages



Friday, September 1, 2017

Chocolate Protein Donuts

Last weekend my son asked for chocolate donuts for breakfast. I'm the biggest health nut around, but if there's one thing I can never say no to it's chocolate. So I set out to make a chocolate donuts that has some added protein and is low fat, something I can feel good about giving to my kid and myself. The bonus though, that I wasn't expecting, is that these donuts are LEGIT amazing. so rich and chocolaty, the texture is like that of a brownie - trust me, you're going to LOVE these!

Chocolate Protein Donuts Ingredients (makes 9 donuts):

Donuts Ingredients:
-1 cup flour
-2 scoops Sports Research Chocolate Protein with Collagen
-1/8 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
-1/2 tsp baking soda
-1/8 tsp salt
-1/2 cup almond milk with a squeeze of lemon added (I used this as a buttermilk substitute)
-1/2 cup white sugar
-1 egg
-1TBSP melted butter
-10-15 drops of Sweet Leaf Vanilla Creme Stevia (to taste)

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Mix all dry ingredients together and then mix in wet ingredients. Pour into a silicone donut pan that hs been sprayed well with non-stick cooking spray. Bake for 8-10 minutes (mine usually need all 10 minutes). Let them cool in pan and then remove carefully. While donuts are cooling mix together the chocolate glaze.

Chocolate Glaze Ingredients:
-1/2 cup powdered sugar
-1/2 scoop Sports Research Chocolate Protein with Collagen
-1TBSP unsweetened cocoa powder
-10-15 drops of Sweet Leaf Vanilla Creme Stevia (to taste)
-1/3 TBSP almond milk (to consistency)

Mix well and dip donut tops into the glaze. Sprinkle with sprinkles and ENJOY!! Each donut has approx. 7 grams of muscle building protein - so this a treat you really can feel good about eating!


My love for Sports Research Collagen runs deep. I have a scoop of their Collagen Peptides (or two!) in my coffee every morning. What are the benefits of taking Collagen Peptides? Collagen Protein helps support joint pain, inflammation, and mobility. They aide in digestion of food and vitamins, and help increase bone density. They slow down skin ageing and strengthen your hair and nails. For me, I know it;s been essential in my postpartum recovery, i no longer have achy joints or knees, and my skin has never been more glowy, my hair never been stronger, and my nails have never been longer. It truly is the only supplement I take, and one I believe in 100%! I buy my Sports Research Collagen Peptides on Amazon (here), and if you look for them, they frequently go on lighting deal!

Have you tried Collagen Peptides yet? What have been your results? How do you like to take them?

No comments :

Post a Comment