Pages



Monday, May 22, 2017

World Turtle Day!

Is there anything cuter than little baby turtles making their way to the ocean?

No, except maybe my kiddos (I am a proud mama after all!)

 I wanted to celebrate the 17th annual World Turtle Day which is May 23rd with my kiddos with the help of some little turtle toys!

These cute little Smart Splash Shape Shell Turtles are from Learning Resources. Since they float, I thought it would be fun to take our lesson outside since it's already very warm here in Arizona. Big brother was able to show his sister what the different colors and shapes were and how they fit together. Meanwhile, I was able to tell them both about the turtles and the great lengths we are taking to conserve them (did you know that only 1 in 1000-10000 sea turtles will make it to adulthood?)

The Smart Splash Shape Shell Turtles are a fun toy to play with in or out of the water and helps teach colors, shapes, matching, and sorting. They are easy to grip with small hands and quickly have become one of my daughters new favorite toys!

Speaking of favorite toys, my son lately has been loving his new Play Foam from Educational Insights. It's super fun, squishy, colorful, mold-able foam that never dries out or makes a mess (which I love!) Last week my son made me an "Ice Cream Cone" out of his Play Foam - of course I requested 2 scoops!

What are some toys you or your kiddos have been loving lately?

No comments :

Post a Comment