Pages



Saturday, February 15, 2020

It's Snowing in Arizona!

In Arizona we are spoiled in the Winter with balmy afternoons filled with sunshine. Sometimes I wish we could just go outside and play in the snow so when the founder of Snow in Seconds reached out, offering to send us some to play with, I jumped at the chance!

It happened to arrive at the most perfect time. Both of my kiddos had been sick for over a week and we were in need of something fun to do at home. Snow in Seconds was so much fun! A little snow powder mixed with water and it multiplied to 100x its size! It was really neat to see it grow.

We started out with one bin of snow, but I quickly made 2 because - siblings!! We got out some of our sand toys so the could dig around in their snow boxes. I think it would also be fun to do a little snow sensory bin by hiding small objects (like plastic letters, dinos, etc) in the snow and then having them dig them out. You can also color the snow by adding food coloring to it!

The snow kept the same temperature as whatever water we used (we used warm water) and lasted for a few days before it got a little slimy! Clean up was super easy too, I just hosed off the back patio afterwards.

Fun little fact - Snow in Seconds is so realistic looking that it has been used on multiple television show sets including Extreme Home Makeover and Hawaii Five-O!

I for sure am grateful we have lots of our Snow in Seconds left for the next time my kids tell me they are bored - I can't wait to make more snow the next time we have friends over to play!

No comments :

Post a Comment