Pages



Tuesday, July 10, 2018

My Sleep Tips for Slaying Your Early Morning Workout

We all know that sleep is important - but actually getting enough restful sleep can be challenging for a variety of reasons. Do you have a hard time falling asleep, responsibilities that keep you up late at night or force you out of bed early in the morning, do you toss and turn throughout the night from an uncomfortable sleeping environment (or in my case - a husband that snores!)?

We all know we need more sleep, but how in the heck to we get MORE of it?! I get out of bed at 4:45 each morning to get my workout done early while its cooler outside and my family is still sleeping. I routinely even wake up 15 minutes or so before my alarm goes off - because I feel so fully rested.

I get asked all the time  - Amy, how do you do it? Here are my "secrets" to getting enough sleep, waking up refreshed, and creating a morning workout routine that you will stick to!

1. I make sure I go to bed on time! If my body has had "enough" sleep then it will be much easier for me to wake up in the morning. If I know I need 7 hours of sleep to feel rested - I know I need to have my lights off by 9:45 at the absolute latest. Typically I'm in bed with my lights off a little earlier than that 9-9:30. To accomplish this, I need to be diligent wit getting my kids to bed on time, so that I can have some time with my husband in the evening too.

2. I lay out all of my workout clothes and equipment the night before. That way I won't lose precious time looking for items in the morning and won't wake up my family by digging through drawers in the wee ours either.

3. I take one ORB Sleep Complex every night about 30 minutes before I head upstairs to go to bed. This innovative complex uses time-release technology to deliver top shelf ingredients such as L-Theanine, GABA and 5-HTP along with aromatic Lavender an Ylang ylang to calm and relax me along with Melatonin and Valerian Root to help me sleep deeply and continuously. It also contains a delayed release dosage of Vitamin B12 so that I wake up full of energy, never groggy, and ready to slay my day.

Really can't say enough great things about this product and how it helps me fall and stay asleep until my alarm goes off in the morning so I get rich sleep and wake up full of energy. I used to wake up several times in the night from my husband snoring (his only downfall!) I've even noticed my mood and energy level throughout the day have been so much better since taking this for a couple of weeks. Before I started taking the ORB  sleep complex, I'd often "hit the wall" energy-wise after lunch and have to take a nap while my toddler laid down. I honestly don't feel tired in the afternoons anymore and not only that, I feel like I've had more stamina and patience with my kids as well - which comes in handy now that they are out of school on summer break!

The recommended dosage for the ORB Sleep Complex is two capsules, but I find that one is enough for my sleep needs - but something you can try for yourself to see what suits your needs. I was super excited to see that these were available now at my local Costco (since I'm there all the time anyway, because #kids)! I picked the up on my last visit (I found them in the supplement aisle). They are now available at Costco locations in California, Arizona, New Mexico, and Colorado and are available on Costco.com HERE. And of course if you're not a member at Costco you can get them online at ORBWellness.com.

4. I give myself 15-20 minutes to "ease into the morning". I make and drink my coffee and have a little breakfast while scrolling through my phone. It helps me feel more alert and I really enjoy this quiet "me" time in the morning before I have to rush into my workout.

5. I start my morning workout with a cross training routine (Tone it Up) that I really enjoy and look forward to. They have a huge variety of routines on their app and it is always something different (and in my opinion, fun!) everyday and because I really do love these workouts, it is not a chore for me to do them in the morning. They warm up my body and I usually get pretty sweaty too, so after I'm done with that part of my workout, it makes it much easier to lace up my running shoes and finish my workout with a killer run.

Getting enough sleep to allow myself to get up early and slay my workout first thing in the morning, really does help set the best tone for my day. I feel so accomplished so early and because I have had my "cup filled" already, I can give freely to my family and my other commitments all day long. What are your tips and tricks to get enough sleep and get moving in the morning?

No comments :

Post a Comment